What’s on offer?
Prep School academic and music scholarships are available for students moving up to year 5 or year 6, if awarded these are valid until the end of year 8.
Pupils looking for entry into year 7 (11+), year 9 (13+) and year 12 (16+) are able to apply for art, drama, music and sport scholarships. Art textiles scholarships are also available for those looking for entry into year 9 and year 12.
Senior School applicants who take part in the entrance exam assessment day will be automatically considered for an academic scholarship based on the results of their entrance papers.
The entrance exams for Senior School consists of an English paper, maths paper and online cognitive ability test. We aim to make the entrance examination process as relaxed and enjoyable as possible. The main purpose is to establish the standard the students have reached at their current schools so that we can be confident that the education we provide will build on their current strengths and meet their educational needs.
Entrance testing for a standard Sixth Form place consists of an online cognitive ability test, but applicants for a Sixth Form academic scholarship will also sit an English paper and maths paper.
September 2024 Entry
Pre-Prep and Prep
Please contact our admissions department to register your interest in a place for your daughter. We will then arrange for you to explore the opportunities at Burgess Hill Girls further, either through a call with our Head of Prep or a private visit and tour of the school. Having met with you we will be able to advise on whether a scholarship application is recommended.
The entrance exam and scholarship assessment process for year 7 and year 9 entry takes place every January, for entry in the following academic year.
Year 7 applications:
To make a scholarship application for September 2024 entry please first register an application and then complete the online Year 7 Scholarship and Entrance Exam Application Form.
For further information on the process please download the Year 7 Entrance Examination & Scholarship Assessment Booklet.
Year 9 applications:
To make a scholarship application for September 2024 entry please first register an application and then complete the online Year 9 Scholarship and Entrance Exam Application Form.
For further information on the process please download the Year 9 Entrance Examination & Scholarship Assessment Booklet.
- Friday 8th December 2023 – Deadline for entrance examination and scholarship applications
- Friday 8th December 2023 – Deadline for bursary applications
- Monday 8th January 2024 – Year 7 and 9 creative assessments begin
- Friday 12th January 2024 – Year 7 CAT tests
- Saturday 13th January 2024 – Year 7 and 9 entrance examinations
- Friday 2nd February 2024 – Results posted to students
- Monday 4th March 2024 – Deadline for acceptance of scholarship and/or place offer
The scholarship assessment process for year 12 entry takes place every November, for entry in the following academic year.
For further information on the process please download the Sixth Form Scholarships Booklet.
- Wednesday 4th October 2023 – Sixth Form Open Evening
- Monday 23rd October 2023 – Deadline for scholarship applications
- Monday 23rd October 2023 – Deadline for bursary applications
- Monday 13th November 2023 – Sixth Form creative assessments begin
- Friday 17th November 2023 – Sixth Form academic & bold award scholarship assessments
- Tuesday 28th November 2023 – Results sent to students
- Tuesday 5th December 2023 – Deadline for acceptance of scholarship offer
Burgess Hill Girls prides itself on being the school for young women who are academically capable, creative, open-minded and curious, and who want to have a positive impact on the social and political world around them. We are also proud of championing the success of girls that join our Sixth Form who are new to the opportunities of independent education.
Our BOLD Award is a dedicated award for girls from maintained schools, providing for a fully funded place in the Sixth Form. We expect the recipient to have been bold in their own life – forward-thinking, experimental and reaching far beyond what is expected.
To apply for the BOLD Award for September 2024 entry please complete the BOLD Award Application Form. Following your application, you will then be invited to our Scholarship assessment day on Friday 17th November. Those who perform well will then be invited back for an interview with the Head.
Please email admissions or call 01444 241050 for further information.