Avondale & Silverdale
Our boarding community is housed in two Edwardian homes: Avondale and Silverdale.
Silverdale is the larger house which naturally splits into two wings of ‘East’ and ‘West’, which are linked in the middle by communal areas.
Each house is vertically integrated with a mix of ages, which helps to create a family-like atmosphere with everyone looking out for each other.
* Kitchen with stove, microwave, toaster, fridge, dishwasher
* Games room with table football and a Nintendo Wii
* Bathrooms with toilets, showers and baths
* Piano practice rooms
* Laundry room
* Computer room
* Common rooms
* Loft available for storage
* Snacks and drinks provided
* Bed * Wardrobe * Desk * Drawers * Shelves * Pin board * Lamp * Wireless network * Central heating
Laundry is washed for boarders in Years 7 to 11. Sixth Formers wash their own personal items.
“Very kind staff, friendly girls, fun trips and activities. I particularly like the Christmas decorations, fitness on Thursday. We have a beautiful boarding house and comfortable rooms. We get to shop at Tescos every Wednesday and recently I went to an amazing firework show, every trip is social. We have the best boarding house!”